As a self-funded, member-based organisation, Meander Valley U3A expects that all
members, tutors and other volunteers will behave in a courteous and civilised manner in all
dealings relevant to Meander Valley U3A. As a member of Meander Valley U3A, you
therefore agree to abide by this Code of Conduct by:
1. Participating in Meander Valley U3A activities in a friendly and positive way at all
2. Being honest and ethical in all dealings with Meander Valley U3A, its members and
other related organisations.
3. Showing respect, courtesy and consideration to everyone you deal with in Meander
Valley U3A, related organisations and the general public in relation to U3A activities.
4. Being punctual and reliable in attending U3A classes, events or other commitments;
and forewarning of unavoidable absences, withdrawals from classes, events, or
5. Observing strict confidentiality regarding organisational and members’ personal
information to which you may have access; never disclosing contact details of any
Meander Valley U3A member, tutor or group leader to anyone without their
6. Avoiding all forms of discriminatory behaviour in regard to nationality, ethnicity,
gender, sexuality, culture, religion, age and mental or physical disability.
7. Not engaging in behaviour that is inappropriate, disruptive or intimidating, such as
would breach the rights of other persons to participate in a class/event or to carry out
their designated role.
8. Preserving the wellbeing and safety of members and the organisation by:
1. Participating safely in each class or activity, and abiding by any reasonable
directive or prerequisite specified by the tutor or event organiser for that
2. Refraining from activities or comments that promote a personal business,
product or cause, or that would place others in a vulnerable situation either
financially, physically or psychologically.
3. Not causing any wilful damage to Meander Valley U3A equipment, materials,
facilities, or those of other venues.
9. Promoting Meander Valley U3A in a positive way, refraining from harming the
organisation’s reputation or relationships by inappropriate comment or action.
10. Abiding by this and all other Meander Valley U3A policies and procedures, as per the
constitution and mission statement.
11. Following the Meander Valley U3A Grievance Policy & Procedure (see next) if
dissatisfied, and abiding by decisions thus made